Monday, February 9, 2009

Thyroid - Hypothyroidism

What is hypothyroidism?

Hypothyroidism occurs when the thyroid gland produces less than the normal amount of thyroid hormones. The result is the “Slowing down” of many bodily functions. Although hypothyroidism may be temporary, it is usually a permanent condition. Some of the studies have shown that as many as 10% of women and 3% of men have hypothyroidism. At the beginning of this disease, the symptoms are mild and may not be detected. In time the symptoms get more severe, produce discomfort, and eventually may become disabling.

What are the symptoms of Hypothyroidism? Visit the below link for more details...

http://www.indiastudychannel.com/resources/49944-Think-Thyroid-Hypothyroidism.aspx

1 comment:

  1. I was disgusting, fat and bad-tempered. I kept away from every person. I didn't rest well. My mother made me use natural thyroid supplements. I am happy she did. I went back to my old self. Now, I feel much better.

    ReplyDelete